Isn’t it great? It’s the first of 1. Advent and my most favorite season has started. I was reading my blogs this morning and Bine had me inspired with her advent list and I figured I get up, make myself a cinnamon coffee, light the candle and type away.
So here is my advent wish list:
- Decorating the apartment NOT right before Christmas but maybe even today. Lets start this advent right.
- Not making a crazy load of cookies and stressing myself with it. I usually have a fix plan on baking the Saturday before Advent 1. Not this year. And I usually make around 10 different cookies (at least) in one sitting. It’s crazy. And I always wonder why no one wants to bake with me… This year I do them when I feel like it. Maybe invite my neighbor again because that was fun.
- Sew myself a Christmas shirt. I have this silver sparkling fabric here and I also have a pattern all ready to go.
- Take time to enjoy the season. Find a few minutes a day and calm down. Write a journal entry or work on Frau Hölles #24doodles Adventskalender. Or just sit and star at the candle listening to music. Whatever helps to make the most of this season and soak it all up.
- Visit the Christmas market. I am really no fan of those things, I thought, but last year my colleagues dragged me to one and I LOVED it. So I hope I can motivate them to go again this year. I will have hot apple cider and roasted chestnuts.
- Making a few Christmas presents myself or at least a tiny add on. I have started already but don’t know how it turns out.
- Walk in snowfall. I love snow. I love the smell of fresh snow. And I love to breath the air. So hopefully it’s snowing while I have time to be outside.
- Listen to Christmas music. I usually don’t like classical music much but once a year I listen to the “Christmas Oratorio” by Bach. It instantly gets me in the Christmas mood and I usually listen to it when baking.
This is my list. I hope I will be able to enjoy it all. Do you have a list? Please share!
Happy candle lighting,
Lovely list! Hope you manage to enjoy all of it :)
Zoe – floral and feather recently posted…Festive TV stand refresh
Thank you. I hope so too.
I love the Christmas season and I love your wishlist! What I am going to miss most is the Christmas Market in Colgone. Enjoy every minute of this wonderful season!
San recently posted…30: NaBloPoMo – it’s a wrap!
I know it is such a great season. I never been to Cologne or the Christmas market so maybe I need to plan a trip ;-)