Ever since I read Clare’s post about her Creative Manifesto I knew I had to make my very own version of it. Today I finally do. Probably because I am already stuck on what to write and I can use all the creative mojo. The creative manifesto is something to help spark creative motivation on slow days and remind me on how to get back into the creative flow, stir motivation and preferably get going.
My pick-me-up list for slow days includes:
- take a photowalk
- go outside and take a walk in the park
- participate in a challenge
- read a book
- scroll through Pinterest a bit
- read blogs
- drink Earl Grey with a dash of milk
- eat warm chocolate pudding
- leave through a magazine
- look at art or photography
- stroll the hardware store
- tidy up the craft lab
- make popcorn
- doodle a little
- dance around a little
- have an inspiring conversation
If ever I feel like I am stuck I tend to do one of those things. It’s not always that easy. Because to be honest I often feel very unmotivated to even get my butt off the couch but I know the list above is helping getting out if the slowness.
It’s also helpful to remind myself of the following things:
- you don’t need validation
- you are enough
- have fun
- enjoy the process
- be curious
If you are in love with podcasts and they also give your lazy, unmotivated self a kick in the butt you might enjoy those episodes to spark some creativity:
- Elise Joy – Episode 11: On Growing your Creativity
- Elise Joy – Episode 39: On Maintaining a Creative Habit
- Elise Joy – Episode 64: On Creative Burn-Out
- Elise Joy – Episode 67: Brainstorming Creative Projects
- Elise Joy – Episode 93: On Creative Passion
- Elise Joy – Episode 123: On Creative Living
- Elise Joy – Episode 128: On Creative Ruts
- Elise Joy – Episode 139: On Showing up for Creativity
- The 6-figure freelance podcast – Episode 111: How to get your creative spark back
- Goal Digger Podcast – Episode 74: How to stay creative and tackle your next project
- Goal Digger Podcast – Episode 102: 5 Ways to reset when you are in a Funk
- Goal Digger Podcast – Episode Taylor: Not feeling Creative?
- Goal Digger Podcast – Episode Pivot: How to Pivot when you are no longer feel motivated
So now I’d like to know what your creative motivation for slow days is? Looking forward to your comment.
Happy day to you
Oh this was great. I should dive into Elise’s Podcasts one of these days. I used to read her blog, but since she stopped blogging, I haven’t really been able to keep up with her (other than IG).
I love her podcast. Unfortunately she is no longer doing a regular one. But listen to the old ones. I think its the best podcast out there. And I also miss her blogging.
Thanks for the reminder that it doesn’t take a lot to find your motivation again!
Every once in a while it does help, doesn’t it? To get out of your own head. Thanks for stopping by.