This post “March Books” contains affiliate links.
I am very excited to share my April Books with you. It has been a really good reading month – quality wise and quantity wise as well. I was able to cross some books off of my reading goals für 2021 and also on my long term project to read around the world. So lets dive into the April Books – What I read:
➢ Keep On READING
Maybe today isn’t the best day to write my April reflections and May intentions after having a crappy day yesterday. But then, what if it is the perfect day? What if, picking yourself up and starting out again is actually the biggest achievement we can do. Not only at the beginning of the month but daily.
As alway here is a quote that hit close to the heart in April.
We always think there’s enough time to do things with other people. Time to say things to them. And then something happens and then we stand there holding on to words like ‘if’.Fredrik Backman, quote from A Man Called Ove
Reflecting on my set intentions
- I will complete the Apple Watch challenge for this month by reaching a certain training minutes. Hopefully some will be made by hula hooping.
This is really frustrating. I didn’t get it done. I missed it by 63 minutes. I had all the good intentions set to do my work on April 30th but than all things went wrong, and time just slipped through my fingers, I felt bad and argh… So what does it tell me? Better work on goals a little daily instead of trying to beat a (self set) deadline. Not things I haven’t heard before but that I obviously need to keep reminding myself.
- I will work on my self confidence by doing some of the exercises I have collected.
I have not done any of the exercises I had collected. However I watched a webinar on posture for females in business. Unfortunately it was very dated, very stereotypical and not at all empowering women more like how to play by current rules. I think it missed the point.
- I will cultivate my eating habits and will eat at the table at least 5 times
This one is a check. We had Easter brunch at the dining table and then I spend 5 days in the country home and I always sat down to eat at the table with no tv running.
- I will pick up Spanish again.
I started doing a few lessons. Unfortunately I am so bad that my hearts ( I use Duolingo) are always low after one lesson and then I can’t keep going. But at least I did start it again.
- I will continue my Sunday Spa days with a bath and some face masks and maybe a new homemade haircut.
I can report that this is a win. I have been waking up Sunday mornings already looking forward to my 2 hour bath at night. I have done face mask too. However I didn’t get a hair cut. I guess it really doesn’t matter since I only ever wear my hair in a messy bun.
The mind is a funny thing. I didn’t accomplish my fitness goal and my brain told me I am a total failure and I can’t get anything done. Not true as I crossed of the other 4 intentions I had. Of course you can always do more and probably more perfect but I did do it. So why not appreciate it. Why does one failed thing is spoiling it all. I guess a bit more grace would do wonders here…
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE
Things I did and file under the category “living up to my Word of the year”
- I have sent our three birthday letters. Other than that I wasn’t feeling the letter writing game.
- Also I made the effort to comment on blogs and on Instagram more.
- I have smiled to a quirky girl while waiting at the cashier.
- Also I was patient when the system broke down and everyone was spreading bad vibes. I intentionally decided to be nice and not add to the hectic and frenzy.
- I also sent off some prayers for people in need and also for things on my mind.
- I sowed some cornflowers on the cemetery for everyone to enjoy.
- I enjoyed a day with only things I wanted to do.
- Enjoying a moment in the sun on my balcony.
- Allowed the repair guy to use my bathroom even though I had to disinfect everything afterwards – thanks Corona.
- And then I was intentionally being (more) friendly towards people buying something on ebay from me.
Let’s see what I will intentionally set out to do in May.
- I will intentionally check and correct my posture and stand up tall.
- I will cook two new meals from recipes from cookbooks I own. Baking doesn’t count.
- I will do one Spanish lesson a day. Even better if I manage 30 experience points.
- I will look into crowdfunding campaigns to support.
- I will dance when I feel low, anxious or unmotivated.
I hope I will be able to move forward on some of those intentions. This month I actually had a few more I wanted to add to the list but I know it will overwhelm me or the time is just not available at the moment. And I really don’t need to feel bad for not making it. So this is it. My five intentions.
Enjoy your May
So here we are. Already four weeks into the second year of the pandemic. This is crazy. Back in March 2020 I knew it will not be over in a few weeks. And compared to others around me I knew that no vacation should be booked anytime soon. However I have to admit I thought we are handling things better by now. While I do not want to have the responsibility of any of our politicians and am usually supportive in their general role of running a country I am admitting I having some doubt as why we are not further along in certain things. As I have already concluded in my master thesis many moons ago – in times of crises too many opinions are not helpful. For documentation reason and because maybe in five or ten years times this is all funny or we feel heroic having survived the pandemic, let’s keep the corona diaries going. Here is to month 13.
➢ KEEP On ReadING
Wednesday night and I have just finished dinner at a reasonable time (9pm) and there is no onset of fatigue knocking me out right away. I am still alert enough to type up a blogpost about the currently in April prompts that Anne has suggested.
➢ KEEP ON READING
New furniture. We decided to swap out the living room furniture with new one. It used to be a dark ikea wood and we are done looking at it. It all looks a bit dated and we are more into whites, more light and just an overall more friendly look. So when all this 20 packages arrived we took three nights to assemble. Mr. ♡ still has a lot of re-wiring to do for all the technical equipment, new speaker system set up and all but we are getting there and I can not remember why we ever had a black-brown lowbord to begin with.
This post “March Books” contains affiliate links.
Reading wise March wasn’t such a bad month now looking back on it. I read more than I would have guessed. And I had a few good books in the mix but also probably the worst of this year already. But lets get right to it: here are my March books
➢ Keep On READING