And so we are sliding into March. February was a weird month for me. Lots of work as I wanted to take a vacation. We did but there I was sick. So nothing has gotten done there besides a bit of reading. And I still didn’t feel completely finde when getting back. Another business trip to Hamburg followed. and with two weeks gone and a short month it just felt a bit hasted. But when in a rush magic still happens. I found some in the day to day. Let’s see.
How I incorporated my word MAGIC in February
Let’s see where I cam across magic in the past month.
- I found magic climbing into a bed with crisp newly washed sheets.
- I found magic in raindrops on the window.
- I created magic by writing seven blackout poems in my 100 day project so far.
- I learned magic by embracing my first embroidery project (not finished yet).
- I found magic in the community of the 100 day project.
- I discovered magic in my closet and getting a bit more experimental with what I have.
- I observed magic by looking at snow flakes dancing down.
- I enjoyed the magic of company and going out for lunch with a friend.
- I enjoyed magic when shooting on a foggy port terminal between rail tracks.
- I enjoyed a month with almost no migraine attacks – only one minor attack.
- I found magic in some new comfy lounge pants I spotted in a store, went back a week later and bought them on sale and then when coming home realizing they were another 30% off.
- I spread magic by commenting on 54 blog posts.
A magical image
I was either lucky and skilled enough to capture the magic of the moment my self or I share an image that really spoke to me.
Blog post and internet snippets that are magic
I will share a few things I came across the internet every month. It is a nice thing to spread some magic from fellow bloggers.
- Not sure if it is really considered magic. But if you are struggling with menstruation and bleeding – finding people in similar situations can be magic. So read Elisabeth story and struggle.
- My friend Jana posted a quote with magic.
- A magical video about winter was filmed by Andrea
How I will experience MAGIC in March
- I will find magic in my work.
- I will enjoy the magic of browsing through the library one afternoon.
- I will learn the magic behind one new dish cooked from one of my cook books.
- I will observe nature and wildlife heading into spring
- I will create more black-out poems and art.
- I will learn to experience the magic of less by doing a no spend month (incl. take-out…)
- I will enjoy the magic of meeting friends.
So bye bye February and hello March. Hope it will be a great one. But before you head off:
What was magical to you in February? Where would you wish magic to happen? Let me know one thing in the comments.
Comfy lounge pants are my favourite things.
I’m really curious about your blackout poems and hope you do a deep-dive on the blog.
Magic in February? Getting away solo with my hubby. It has been YEARS since we were away together and this felt amazing. The weather was good, the setting was magical (Rome!) and being off-duty from mothering responsibilities felt…incredible!!!
I’m so sorry you were sick on vacation. That is such rotten luck. I hope you get to sneak away somewhere else soon to make up for it!!
Oh, and I’m so, so, so happy to hear your migraines were almost non-existent in February!!!
Elisabeth recently posted…Dishwasher Pods: An Unexpected Memory Trigger
So many magic moments for you. Love it. Rome in spring is great. I remember being there In February too many moons ago. And just the two of us. And no mom-duties. What a bliss.
Yes a migraine free month is really magical.
I love that you are looking for the magic in the little things of life. One magical thing I experienced this week, is I had to chance to peek through the window and see my son’s dance class. It was magical to see him having so much fun and he had improved so much since I saw it last.
Sounds like a wonderful magical moment. I bet you still smile thinking about it.
It is such a helpful practice to look for the magic in little things.