April is in the book and so my bucket list of 101 things in 1000 days has officially ended by April 10th. Let me tell you its crazy that 1000 days have past by. It feels like I just started the list. And I had hoped to have more time to cross off a few more things. Well, of course not and so I have not finished nearly enough on the list. Spoiler Alert: I am writing on a new version. But I have done a few things the past year after my last check in and let’s do a bit of a wrap-up before getting into the crafting of a new list.
Checked goals on the bucket list
Let’s start with all the goals that have successfully been crossed of the list.
➢ Keep on Reading
Slowly slowly trying to get back. Did you realize I have been absent for the past two months? It was definitely not planned. I knew with the move early April it will be tough to blog but I didn’t expect a two months break. But you know… sometimes life just throws you a curveball and adds a bow on top. I think I will tell you all about the happenings in two separate posts – just for my own sanity. But todays post is a fresh start. A new beginning and I am happy to restart. So let’s dive in and see how I celebrated life in March and April.
➢ KEEP ON READING
Just typing the title feels wrong when you look at the last few days and what is happening in Ukraine. How can I celebrate? How can we be happy? How can we carry on? Not sure but we will somehow. And maybe to keep living is especially important and that we keep on celebrating and enjoying life. Here is my attempt of February celebrations and the monthly recap.
➢ KEEP ON READING
How has the first month of 2022 already flown by? How was it for you? Still trying to ease in or already stomping your way through projects goals and life? For me 2022 took off in high speed. Job projects kept me on my toes. The hunt for a new home is getting serious. The health is off to a rocky start. But I am feeling good and able to keep the balls up in the air – for now. Let’s hope it stays that way. Let’s dive into January Celebrations.
I plan on celebrating my way through this year as it is fitting for my word of the year. I decided to still keep my goals and intentions post but spice it up a bit. Having intentions for the upcoming month is very helpful to keep track on were I want to end. up by the end of the month. It is not really a to-do list (some things are though) but more guiding me to the right direction. I don’t stress about not having it all done but I do believe if I only take on step to fulfilling a certain thing I am one step closer. I may still be lightyears off from achieving but yeah I am moving and not on a standstill.
➢ KEEP ON READING
Wow, what a whirlwind of month November has been. Not only did I do the NaBloPoMo challenge and blogged daily which did take a bit of time and commitment I also had a lot to do for my job. The entire months was so filled with content creation that I am a bit surprised I have any ideas and thoughts left. But as I said yesterday already once you start creating you can’t stop. It is that flow thing. Which is a whole other post I didn’t get to do in November. But I’m rambling. Best way to get a grip, is to do some November reflections and December intentions
But before I dive into that here is my favorite quote this month.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.Henry David Thoreau
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will make a traditional Stollen using grandmas old recipe – and maybe making my own version
Check. I did last weekend. It was not as difficult as expected but I also haven’t tried any of the Stollen yet. It still needs to sit and develop its flavor.
- I will join NaBloPoMo and will blog daily throughout November
Another check. You can see an overview of all my posts here.
- I will host a dinner party for my mom – her birthday present
I am on a roll. Dinner party was a success.
- I will participate in my annual volunteering for “Christmas in a Shoebox” with my sister
This happened last Friday and I took you along here too.
- I will meet my sisters new boyfriend
As I said I am on a roll. We were invited for coffee and Christmas cookies. It was a nice afternoon.
- I will drive to my families country home and spend a few days
I guess that also has happened this months. See,s so far away. I actually went twice. And I took you on a stroll.
- I will look for charity organizations to send Christmas letters to elderly citizens
Half done. I signed up to sent letters to 7 elderly people and tomorrow a sign up form opens for Post mit Herz.
- I will step out of my comfort zone – not sure how yet
Mhm I am not sure what my intention was here. I think I need more actionable intentions
- I will do some blog work behind the scenes
I bought a new theme and hope to give the blog a new look. Other than that I didn’t do all the things I keep telling myself I would.
- I will get the most of the Christmas shopping done.
Surprisingly for me I really do have about half the presents done or at least ordered. Still needing some ideas and lots of time for execution on those ideas I have.
- I will do that detox week
HA! Finally one I didn’t crush. I guess that detox things is something for 2022.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
Also most done with my check-ins of my word 2021. Trying to be extra mindful for the final weeks with my word:
- Taking mornings walks when I was in the country.
- Helped an old lady that got stuck with her walker in a door.
- Put some new outfits together that made me feel good.
- Worked on my patience.
- I listened at a co-worker who needed to talk
- Accepted my moods and tried to acknowledge the feeling
- I took different routes one my way home
- I learned Spanish and gave myself permission to break my 188 day streak because it was too much this months
- Enjoying a bath after a long day
- Lunch with myself and not reading or scrolling. Just sitting observing and having my thoughts fly by.
- Took a very hot shower and it was amazing
I have already written my winter bucket list so some of the intentions I have already mentioned before but lets put a date to it, shall we:
- I will read some Christmas books. Looking at you “Die schönsten Wintermärchen“, “Schöne Bescherung” and an Adventkalender book I was gifted many years ago.
- I will send out Christmas cards.
- I will find my guiding Word for 2022
- I will set intentions and goals for 2022
- I will hopefully celebrate Christmas with my family
- I will sell another 3 items on eBay Kleinanzeigen
- I will clean my office / craft lab before going on Christmas vacation
- I will clean the oven after all the baking shenanigans
- I will do the pine cone DIY
- I will enjoy the time and season and try not to put too much on my plate
- I will watch snowflakes dance
- I will watch all the Christmas movies and some
- I will do at least 15 prompts of the December Actions for Happiness
So excited for December. After cramming my calendar in November to have more time for fun stuff, DIY time and enjoying the holidays I hope that it pays off.
Do you have some fun intentions for December?