Two month, eight weeks, 60 days and 1440 hours until this year’s over. How did we get here? And how have we gotten here this fast? I am not done yet with all the plans and goals and adventures let alone the to-do list that I wrote for 2023. And since I don’t usually do any to-do list items in December I am a bit stressed out of all the things that will need to happen in November. But before we start that let’s do the Magic October recap of magical moments and fun things. Let’s go.
How I incorporated my word MAGIC in October
Let’s see where I came across magic in the past month.
- I found magic while soaking in the bath tub and re-reading a book I have just read last month.
- I enjoyed hours of magic sitting in a hot tub watching the Mediterranean Sea.
- I enjoyed the magic of a spontaneous visit by my sisters family. It’s been a while since we all been together and while it was short it was fun.
- I appreciated the magic of friendship and was glad I got to see my best friend again after four months. How did that happen?
- I witnessed the magic of amazing sunrises and sunsets.
- I cherished the magic of a hot cup of herbal tea that I gathered myself.
- I created magic by spending a weekend with dad and passing our boating license.
- I enjoyed the magic of a spa afternoon with. my sister followed by a wonderful flavorful dinner at the asian place I wanted to check out.
- I created magic by turning some of my art into products. Should I tell you more?
- I enjoyed my morning walks and even some spontaneous evening strolls.
- I experiences the magic of feeling to run one evening. Unplanned it just happened.
- I am thankful for the magic of modern medicine and health insurance. Don’t skip your medical checkups.
- I burried myself in the magic of books. Always. Every month.
- I loved the magic of 30 minute naps after lunch. So good.
- I enjoyed a magical vacation week with the husband in Mallorca. Recap to come.
- I magically conversed in (admittedly brocken) Spanish while being on vacation and tried ordering all our foods. The hotel staff was supporting my efforts and cheered me on.
- I observed the magic of rain falling in front of colorful leaves and listening to the soothing sound.
- I spread magic by commenting on 81 blog posts.
A magical image
I was either lucky and skilled enough to capture the magic of the moment my self or I share an image that really spoke to me.
Sunrise over the Mediterranean Sea
How I will experience MAGIC in November
- I will enjoy the magic of community by attending NaBloPoMo.
- I will experience the magic of a sugar free month and the way my body feels.
- I will love the magical benefits of a detox week.
- I will be part of the magic of getting to know author Kirsten Miller in our next book club meeting.
- I will enjoy the magic of a weekend in my parent’s country home.
- I will learn more about the magic of video making.
- I will continue to learn the magic of speaking Spanish.
- I will celebrate the magic of having our lamps finally installed.
- I will spread magic and pack some shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- I will use the magic sales of Black Friday to snatch some needed devices (mob, laptop, maybe phone, etc.)
Now your turn: What was magical to you in October? Is the fall season magical to you? Did you have a magical encounter with someone or something?