I love writing this annual post. Setting goals and intentions is something I look forward to all through the December hustle.
2018 my goal was to BEAUTIFY life in four main areas: relationships, business, home and me. I did pretty good and achieved some good things in all areas while there is room for improvement in all areas as well. While I loved this word it was not as strong and present as the previous one. But it was always in the back of my mind nudging me.
Of course I planned to choose another word for 2019. It didn’t come to me as easily and don’t feel the tingling I’ve felt for previous words. For 2019 TRUST will be my companion.
After many years of struggle I am currently happy and content with how life is unfolding. I don’t want much to change but there are always things to tweak. So I will trust that I will continue on this path. I will trust that good things continue coming my way. I will trust that heartaches will have a reason to be in life. I will trust that being kind to people, caring and helping will one day come back to me. In German the word “trust” translates to “trauen” and has another layer which can be roughly translated to “daring” in English. So I embark on this too. I will dare to tip my toes in new adventures. I will dare to try new things.
I have hard time coming up with an approachable list of goals one can cross off. I’ve again set four areas as this seems to work for me. Here is my attempt:
People & Relationships
- trusting that kind gestures will come back
- be kinder to stressed people like at the cashier, the call center agent, the mail man, etc.
- writing cards to friends & family throughout the year
- trusting that people don’t want to hurt me or intend to exploit me
- trusting that I will make time to see friends, connect with old ones and maybe make a new one
- trusting that I will provide time to enjoy my hobbies
- read 40 books (I’ll have a separate post in the works here)
- craft more, blog more, create more
- start another 100 day project (already having two ideas)
- trusting that tough situations are here for a reason and we come out stronger
- trusting that I will have interesting & challenging work projects coming my way
- trusting in new endeavours
- seeing if the photography love can be professionalized a bit more
- trusting in developing new skills
- learning about image retouching
- discover more options Lightroom and use it’s potential
- dabble in video making
Body & Mind
- trusting my body that it knows what it needs
- trusting this year will be the year I establish a yoga routine
- trusting I will continue to grow as a human
- trusting I will again be able to spend 4 Spa Days with myself
I am sure I will add more things to the list during the year but for now I believe it is a good guideline. I wonder, do you pick a word to guide you through the year? Anyone ever had TRUST? Or what is yours.
Happy New Year