I can finally sit outside on the balcony again and write my blogposts. It has been a cold and rainy May but with the start of June it is looking like the sun will stay. Or at least the warmer temperatures. Also it looks like Covid is finally on the decline. By Friday life is getting more or less back to normal. While I am not sure what that entails it is definitely a bit of a happy message to receive. So let’s start the new month with May reflections and June intentions. Let’s go.
But before I dive into that here is my favorite quote this month.
Then stories map the soul, in the guise of words.Zeyn Joukhadar, Map of Salt and Stars
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will intentionally check and correct my posture and stand up tall.
I was able to remind myself a couple of time to stand up taller, to walk straighter, to not slouch on the desk. However I have to admit that towards the end of the month I wasn’t as mindful about it.
- I will cook two new meals from recipes from cookbooks I own. Baking doesn’t count.
I can proudly report that I made cannelloni from scratch but didn’t use a recipe from my cookbook but googled and then improved. However I did look at a recipe for asparagus soup – again only took it as an inspiration. But I did make “Königsberger Klopse” from scratch and right as the recipe suggested. It was one of those recipes I always thought are way too hard. I was intimidate for so many years. Turns out it is manageable and just takes time. I have two frozen meals.
- I will do one Spanish lesson a day. Even better if I manage 30 experience points.
Total accomplishment. I did practice my Spanish daily and over the duration of the month I collected so many experience points in the Duolingo app that I can say 30 day was done too. But somedays I spend more than 30 minutes learning while others just 5 minutes.
- I will look into crowdfunding campaigns to support.
I looked at a some of websites for a couple of days but nothing really interested me so I didn’t crowdfund anything.
- I will dance when I feel low, anxious or unmotivated.
Done that two times when I was so tired and just wanted to crawl into bed in the afternoon. It’s a good thing to keep in mind and I could do it more often.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
- I asked a lady on the cemetery if I should help her fill the watering can. She was already done though.
- I saved a bug who landed on its back. Three times. It was a bit clumsy and was right back where it started. So I guess I wasn’t doing much difference.
- I wrote a letter to my hospitalized nephew. He was released yesterday and I am more than happy.
- I had a few slow days because of my migraines and the vaccination but I tried to accept it.
- I spent a walk in the woods and enjoyed it very much while the husband didn’t (mosquitos) and I was very grateful he came along.
- I went to bed early a few days.
- I went to meet the DHL guy half way so he wouldn’t have to come up to the fourth floor.
And now on to June. Here is the intentions I am setting for myself:
- I will commit to 3 days a week of 5 minute exercises (don’t judge I need to start low).
- I will look through my closet and identify 10 items I can let go.
- I will minimize the many files on my laptop by taking 15 minutes a week to do so.
- I will improve my self-confidence by working through an eBook or a course in the mind shine app.
- I will listen to my body and try to eat more intentionally, move, relaxe when it feels right.
- I will do the little prompts on the Joyful June calendar.
As you can see my mind it set on some internal focus this month. Let’s see how that works out. Now let me know one thing you like to achieve in June?