Did you realize I skipped last month currently? Probably not. For some reason I wasn’t in the mood to write. Or better my head was and still is filled with so many thoughts and random task. It’s a loud noise. Very distracting and I feel so tired. But whatever is going on I think the currently in August m ay be the best thing to get some clarity.➢ KEEP ON READING
No matter how we live our lives the time keeps flying by. It truly is remarkable how time can be experienced so differently. Isn’t it? Some days hours drag on and then, just like that you turn your calendar page to next month. Thank you for joining me in July Reflections and August Intentions. I know time is precious.
But before I dive into that here is my favorite quote this month.➢ KEEP ON READING
Two years ago I started a project. I wanted to cross off 101 goals in 1000 days. And to stay on track I have already decided to do an annual goal check-in. Today is the day: I want to see how far I have come. And maybe you also like to have a look. Then follow along:
Checked goals on the bucket list
Let’s start with all the goals that have successfully been crossed of the list.➢ Keep on Reading
This post “June Books” contains affiliate links.
I was hoping to pick up some more interesting books in June. High five! I had three 5★ books. Something that rarely happens here. So yeah. I did good. Overall I was able to read 7 books. But even though I am keeping track on how much I read and am proud of the amount, please let me make clear reading is a pleasure and no competition. Sometimes with those reports it may give off the feeling inadequacy. I believe the amount of books is not necessarily saying much. I’d rather read one good book instead of three poorly written ones. I’d rather read any book instead of not being able to read. So make sure your are reading for your personal development and not for competition. Ok, enough deep talk. Here are my June books – what I read. Hope you find something that inspires you.➢ Keep On READING
Ans just like that we are in the second half of this year. It is always mind boggling to me how time flies when you are older and drags on while you are child. Remember this long long days, weeks months we had to wait until the next birthday was coming around. And now I feel like I can not even sleep in piece because of all the stress and to-dos that are in my life. Or maybe I am just in an overwhelmed phase. Who knows. Anhow time to do the June Reflections and July intentions to get some clarity on what I want to achieve or maybe NOT achieve.
I have a quote today from my favorite author today.
So sind wir an der Wurzel verfault, vielleicht nicht du als du und nicht ich als ich, aber wir als wir beide.Die Frau mit dem roten Tuch, Jostein Gaarder
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will commit to 3 days a week of 5 minute exercises (don’t judge I need to start low).
Mhm I am not sure if I can say 3 days a week and I am to lazy to reconstruct. However the fitness app tells me I had 9:40 hours of training. It includes walking but still. I did do a bit of Hula Hoop again, also some Yoga. So I’d. say I can put a check on this goal.
- I will look through my closet and identify 10 items I can let go.
Didn’t I put that on here before? Well won’t be the last time since I didn’t do it. Instead I went one a shopping spree. To be fair it was one after many month of not getting a thing. But still I need to go through the closet and get rid of a few things.
- I will minimize the many files on my laptop by taking 15 minutes a week to do so.
Oh man I did. Spent hours deleting and sorting and you know what. I am still 131 file with 135 GB in my download file alone. I guess this intention needs to make a reappearance as well. However I check it as success in June.
- I will improve my self-confidence by working through an eBook or a course in the mind shine app.
Nope. I didn’t have the brain space for any deep work. I am so restless and unbalanced right now it wouldn’t be the right time.
- I will listen to my body and try to eat more intentionally, move, relaxe when it feels right.
Well, partly successful I guess. Eating more intentionally? Does ice cream cravings count? However I did try to relaxe when migraines hit went to bed early. But overall I didn’t feel I did a good job here.
- I will do the little prompts on the Joyful June calendar.
Started out strong and than it sizzled out. As I mentioned so restless and unfocused right now.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
It is alway toughest for me to make this list. But it’s exactly the point why I included it in my reflections. I want to stay true to my word of the year and often times it gets lost in the middle of the year.
- I gave myself permission to have a wonderful birthday.
- I am working on being graceful to my body. I won’t be able to change appearance much at least not quickly.
- I sewed myself some shorts – something I never wore in public until now.
- I informed our traveling neighbors on a rainstorm that was leaving our apartment flooded.
- I smiled more often to people I was passing on the street and while being out walking the park.
- I went to bed early when I felt tired, exhausted and cranky.
After much reflecting it is time to plan the future.
- I will take better care of my energy levels and incorporate breaks and quiet time.
- I will walk more than 10.000 steps on at least six days in July.
- I will read one 500+ page book for #dickesbüchercamp run by Nordbreze.
- I will do a breezing meditation before falling asleep.
- I will work on my listening skills when in conversations.
- I will leave my comfort zone and sit at the beach in swim wear.
- I will spend a wonderful week with my best friend and her kids in our country home.
It’s a full month with many things I want to do while at the same time take care of myself. I believe the balance will be my biggest struggle as I have a lot of stuff going on at work and might have put too much on my plate there. Even more important to find some relaxing moments in my free time that rejuvenate me.
I am hoping you have a wonderful summer time and many moments of lovely memories to cherish for many years to come. As always drop a comment and let me know one thing you wish to do in July.