A new year calls for new reading goals for 2024. I love to read all over the place and am always putting more books on my TBR than I will ever manage to read. It is a dilemma I tell you because all of them are interesting. But I probably can’t read much more than I did last year.
I will again compile a list of books I plan on reading in 2024 knowing already that I will not cross them all off. It is more a guiding list to remember all the great books. It is like a digital library I get to visit and then pick what is up my alley just then.
So let’s dive right in.
Tackling my physical TBR list
I have so many many books sitting on my shelves. Still. Even after attempting to read from my TBR shelf last year. So I will again put my unread books in the focus of my reading challenge.
- Anatomy & Immortality by Dana Schwarz – on my kindle TBR, already bought
- Sankofa by Chibundu Onuzo – on my kindle TBR, already bought
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini – on my kindle TBR, already bought
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel – on my kindle TBR, a freebie
- The Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
- Cartographers by Peng Shepard – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
- Hard Land by Benedict Wells – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
- Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
- The girl with the Leica by Helena Janeszeck – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
- The modern herbal dispensatory by Thomas Easley & Steven Horne – physical TBR, sitting on my shelf
Best Books of 2023 from my online and book friends
I have been adding so so many books from the best of 2023 books to my virtual TBR. So let’s make this a fun way to read those books. Here we go:
- Wrong Place, Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister – recommended by Stephany from the Friendship Paradox and Birchie– available through my library app
- Radio Sarajevo by Tijan Sila – recommended by my friend Franzi and Jamie – available through my library app
- Maame by Jessica George – recommended by Sarah and Carole – already bought as ebook
- Tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin – recommended by Nadja and Carole
- Zauber der Stille by Florian Illies – recommended by my friend Franzi – available through my library app
- Thornhedge by T Kingfisher – recommended by Engie – available through my library app
- Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim – recommended by Elisa – available through my library app
More books I want to read
- At least ten books from my Read Around the World list. (Cameron – How Beautiful We Were, Latvia – Wellen, etc.)
- Three books with SHAPE in the title.
The list now contains 31 books. Again, my reading goal for 2024 is not necessarily reading a certain number of books. I want to read and make time for it yes. And it will show up in numbers. But I am very happy if I read 20,000 pages again. I think it should be manageable. For goodreads I will again put down 75 books.
Do you have a reading goal? Do you care about the number of books you read? Is your reading goal reading a certain number of pages daily? Do you have a book I need to read in 2024?