I finally realized a project last weekend which I have been thinking about for the past years. As you may remember I usually round up some printable calendar freebies end of November. When I search the net for possible candidates to hang on my wall I always wondered what I would create if I knew how. Well, have a look at my printable pattern calendar 2021 a freebie for you as a way of saying thank you for stopping regularly. And for everyone else stumbling in HI I hope you stick around.
For me it was important to have a calendar you could print in black and white. Not everyone has a color printer and it is also much more environmentally friendly, right? As a freelancer I often need week numbers as clients refer to them quite often. So I did. All patterns were created during my #100daysofcraftaliciouspatterns back in 2016. Ever since this idea is floating around. All of the patterns have a meaning or some sort of inspiration. Would you have guessed some?
➢ Keep on ReadING
Do you follow me on Instagram? If so, you might have seen I challenged myself for the last months and drew a little pattern for the last 100 days. Here you can check them out #100daysofcraftaliciouspattern.
I followed Elise on her endeavor of doing 100 pep talks and it was just so inspiring. Then I listened to her podcast about her journey. Immediately I knew I needed to start my own project. I could feel it in my gut that it would be right and somehow I also kinda knew I will manage to write the #100 on one of my paper slips.
And I am so glad I started my 100 day challenge. It was tough at times. I made a tiny list of my take aways. Because who doesn’t love lists…
- 100 different patterns is tough. I felt like I was drawn to paint similar patterns more than once.
- Circles, dots and triangles reappeared often.
- I like the bold pens better than the really fine ones.
- The drawing took place mostly right before bed. However that was more because toward the end it became a chore…
- The best patterns were created when I didn’t pressure myself (surprise right here, no?) and when I wasn’t tired and wanted to head to bed.
- Sometimes I felt like I didn’t give it my all.
- When I didn’t come up with an idea/inspiration I leaved through a magazine or looked around my craft lab.
- Sometimes inspiration hit me totally unprepared. Like my migraine inspired pattern – one of my faves.
- I came across a ton of interesting Instagram accounts during this challenge. I wrote about them here.
So here are my top ten patterns.
And apparently those top three were the most loved ones on Instagram.
What is your fave? And have you ever done a challenge like this?
Happy day to you,
PS: I just realized I must have messed up the count because I only got 98 pictures uploaded on Instagram and missing #15 and #58. Mhm… so did I really do the project or did I fail?!
PPS: And since this is another DIY and pattern project I will link up with Muster Mittwoch, Wow me Wednesday and creadienstag.