I am not a huge fan of housework. I can come up with many ideas what I’d rather do. Even sitting and looking out of the window sounds more fascinating than swinging a feather duster. However I have to admit that I also don’t like to living in a pig stall so I have to suck it up and get to work. For a while we had some cleaning support. It didn’t work out as I was not willing to pay for services I am not satisfied with and prices were constantly raised. Every once in a while though I hire someone because we have too much on our schedule or I just want to treat myself.
For quite some time now I was wondering if a scheduled plan will help. Here is my attempt in gathering all the household chores in one place. Also I have included all the things that easily get forgotten in every day hassle.
- Wipe kitchen counters and unload dishwasher while making coffee
- Start dishwasher at night
- spent 15 minutes to clean up clutter throughout apartment to make it look tidy (fold blankets on couch, put away mail, etc.)
- Mondays: vacuum floors (or let little robot do it) & water plants
- During phone calls: dust, fold laundry
- Fridays: clean bathroom & wash all towels, deep clean kitchen, clean all mirrors and glass doors
- 1st: Decalcify the water filter & electric kettle
- 15th: change bedsheets
- mop floors
- Feb/May/Aug/Nov Cleaning program for washing machine
- Feb/May/Aug/Nov Cleaning program for dish washer
- Wash bedding when changing winter/summer bedding
- Apr/Oct clean windows
- January: clean kitchen cupboards
- November: Vacuum the couch
Now I just have to find the energy to implement it. And I probably forgot about a dozen important things – or maybe it’s a work in progress. Please share what and how often you do things. I could really use some insights on how to do it the “right way” and also sent all the motivation please.