Ans just like that we are in the second half of this year. It is always mind boggling to me how time flies when you are older and drags on while you are child. Remember this long long days, weeks months we had to wait until the next birthday was coming around. And now I feel like I can not even sleep in piece because of all the stress and to-dos that are in my life. Or maybe I am just in an overwhelmed phase. Who knows. Anhow time to do the June Reflections and July intentions to get some clarity on what I want to achieve or maybe NOT achieve.
I have a quote today from my favorite author today.
So sind wir an der Wurzel verfault, vielleicht nicht du als du und nicht ich als ich, aber wir als wir beide.Die Frau mit dem roten Tuch, Jostein Gaarder
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will commit to 3 days a week of 5 minute exercises (don’t judge I need to start low).
Mhm I am not sure if I can say 3 days a week and I am to lazy to reconstruct. However the fitness app tells me I had 9:40 hours of training. It includes walking but still. I did do a bit of Hula Hoop again, also some Yoga. So I’d. say I can put a check on this goal.
- I will look through my closet and identify 10 items I can let go.
Didn’t I put that on here before? Well won’t be the last time since I didn’t do it. Instead I went one a shopping spree. To be fair it was one after many month of not getting a thing. But still I need to go through the closet and get rid of a few things.
- I will minimize the many files on my laptop by taking 15 minutes a week to do so.
Oh man I did. Spent hours deleting and sorting and you know what. I am still 131 file with 135 GB in my download file alone. I guess this intention needs to make a reappearance as well. However I check it as success in June.
- I will improve my self-confidence by working through an eBook or a course in the mind shine app.
Nope. I didn’t have the brain space for any deep work. I am so restless and unbalanced right now it wouldn’t be the right time.
- I will listen to my body and try to eat more intentionally, move, relaxe when it feels right.
Well, partly successful I guess. Eating more intentionally? Does ice cream cravings count? However I did try to relaxe when migraines hit went to bed early. But overall I didn’t feel I did a good job here.
- I will do the little prompts on the Joyful June calendar.
Started out strong and than it sizzled out. As I mentioned so restless and unfocused right now.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
It is alway toughest for me to make this list. But it’s exactly the point why I included it in my reflections. I want to stay true to my word of the year and often times it gets lost in the middle of the year.
- I gave myself permission to have a wonderful birthday.
- I am working on being graceful to my body. I won’t be able to change appearance much at least not quickly.
- I sewed myself some shorts – something I never wore in public until now.
- I informed our traveling neighbors on a rainstorm that was leaving our apartment flooded.
- I smiled more often to people I was passing on the street and while being out walking the park.
- I went to bed early when I felt tired, exhausted and cranky.
After much reflecting it is time to plan the future.
- I will take better care of my energy levels and incorporate breaks and quiet time.
- I will walk more than 10.000 steps on at least six days in July.
- I will read one 500+ page book for #dickesbüchercamp run by Nordbreze.
- I will do a breezing meditation before falling asleep.
- I will work on my listening skills when in conversations.
- I will leave my comfort zone and sit at the beach in swim wear.
- I will spend a wonderful week with my best friend and her kids in our country home.
It’s a full month with many things I want to do while at the same time take care of myself. I believe the balance will be my biggest struggle as I have a lot of stuff going on at work and might have put too much on my plate there. Even more important to find some relaxing moments in my free time that rejuvenate me.
I am hoping you have a wonderful summer time and many moments of lovely memories to cherish for many years to come. As always drop a comment and let me know one thing you wish to do in July.
I have no idea how it’s July already.
Your approach is perfect: commit to 5 minutes, 3x per week of exercise. Then build from there. That’s how you build habits! I am here cheering for you!
I also should start a decluttering project. Now is as a good a time as ever.
Thanks San for your support. And once you start it’s usually more than 5 min anyways. Decluttering sounds good that is a never ending story it seems like.
I just did a huge closet clean-out myself. I gave away four big boxes of things. You can do itttt!
It’s such a great feeling once done. But oh the start…. Thanks for cheering me on.