I recently learned that March 20th marks the International Day of Happiness. It was initiated by the United Nations recognizing happiness as one of humans life goals and was first celebrated in 2013.
While I appreciate that happiness is taking a front seat in global politics I am a bit baffled that it has only been acknowledged four years ago.
However there is a whole movement behind it and you can sign up here for a free happiness guide, a kids pack and a study on world happiness. And there are ten posters to print out.
In the end of 2015 I realized that the happy moments in my life are there but I do tend to ignore or forget them. So since January 2016 I write a daily happiness journal. It made me realize that there are much more happy moments, that they are usually small, that I am still not mindful enough to catch them all…
Today I want to share some of those moments with you:
- Early morning sunshine in my living room
- The smell of fresh coffee
- The smell of fresh air
- The smell of snowflakes in crisp winter air
- Dancing snowflakes
- The sound of leaves in the wind
- A day without migraines
- A cup of my favorite blend of tea
- The joy of reading a book
- Being in the flow while doing something e.g. those easter eggs or taking photographs
- Absolut quietness
- A good nights sleep
- No back pain
- A call from the godchild
- A fun letter in the mail
- The joy of like minded people (is anyone going to a blogging event? I am thinking about The Hive in May?!)
- A yummy piece of cake
- Beautiful flowers
- Something I made
- Goofing around with Mr. ♥
- Summer BBQ with friends
- Learning something new in a class/workshop
- The joy of traveling
- Sitting by the water
If you start thinking about those little things you can go on and on and on. Fun thing is that after I wrote my list I check out the mentioned research and I listed quite a few things that the study defined in finding happiness.
But now I am interested: what would you would put in the list? Let me know in the comments.
Happy International Day of Happiness,
The smell of fresh coffee :) YES!
San recently posted…Currently | March
Big yeah for coffee!!!