Yes, I think the Holiday Season has started for me. Today I want to share another tutorial for this those cute beech nut bells in red and white with you.
I really don’t know how I came up with the idea. I think I was talking one of my walks through the park or my favorite cemetery and just saw those beech nuts lying all around on the ground. Don’t they look like little calyx or bells? And then weeks later I was shopping and came across those festive little red bells.
Suddenly a picture popped up in my mind and I just had to do it. But let me tell you. It is not that easy to find beech nuts early in November. They were hiding right under all the wet leaves. Of course I had to go hunting for them when it was drizzling and muddy.
Anyhow I did found some. I put them on the radiator to dry and to open them up a bit more. The rest was pretty simple.
- I painted the beech nut white. I used regular acrylic paint.
- Got my little bell.
- I used silver wire and made an eyelet on one end (for the bell) and a knot on the other end.
- I painted the wire a hot red with nail polish as I think it looks better.
- I assembled the wire and the bell.
- I heated up the glue gun and gave a good amount of glue in the beech nut and stuck the wire knot in it. Sometimes I had to adjust the length a bit so it looked good. I just wrapped a bit more wire around the know until I liked it.
- I glued some ribbons on as well. If I do it again I might choose white and smaller ones but hey it is very festive and Holiday like.
What do you think? Would you hang them on your tree? I would. Maybe not red and white but white and silver (who would have thought HAHA).