Slowly slowly trying to get back. Did you realize I have been absent for the past two months? It was definitely not planned. I knew with the move early April it will be tough to blog but I didn’t expect a two months break. But you know… sometimes life just throws you a curveball and adds a bow on top. I think I will tell you all about the happenings in two separate posts – just for my own sanity. But todays post is a fresh start. A new beginning and I am happy to restart. So let’s dive in and see how I celebrated life in March and April.
How I incorporated my word CELEBRATE and set intentions in MARCH & APRIL
Its amazing that when you are looking closely that you can still find great moments to celebrate even though you are troubled. So here are my moments.
- I celebrated my 5 years of self employment by donating a chunk of money and treating myself to some ice cream.
- I celebrated that my parents
walkedlimped away from not one but two car accidents.
- I celebrated throwing out a lot of things and earning almost 800€ in items I sold on eBay.
- I celebrated many fun memories that crossed my mind when I packed up my stuff.
- I definitely celebrated lying down my sore body at night.
- We celebrated receiving our apartment keys and the first coffee on the balcony.
- We celebrated actually moving in – this is a long story. More in a separate post.
- I celebrated attending church on Good Friday and finding some much needed peace.
- We celebrated having my family over for Easter Sunday.
- I celebrated life and waking up after a surgery – I was seriously scared.
- I celebrated less pain than anticipated after surgery.
- I celebrate every sunset from my new home.
- I celebrate how far I made it in my #100daysofcraftaliciouscircles – currently I stopped creating but hopefully pick it up at a later point again.
- I celebrated the privileges I have and am very grateful.
- I celebrated the more regular phone calls with my sister who is not living in Berlin.
- I celebrated the first letter to arrive in my new home being from my godchild.
- I celebrate a lot of migraine free days (56) even though its been overwhelmingly stressful. Grateful to my body for adding nothing more.
My goals and intentions for MAY
Since I am still on sick leave and need to rest after my surgery I have to make goals that I can achieve from the comfort of my bed or couch. Some need me to leave Berlin and I hope I am well enough until then. Wish me luck.
- I will celebrate slow moments and giving my body time to heal – this will be hard!
- I will celebrate the anticipation of my upcoming birthday and all the planning I’ll do.
- I will celebrate getting back to work.
- I will celebrate my sisters 10th anniversary with a big gathering in Munster.
- I will celebrate picking up our new car.
- I will celebrate unpacking boxes.
- I will celebrate getting back to reading more and maybe even manage to catch up on my reading goal.
- I will celebrate every day living in my new place by appreciating the views and the tranquillity and hopefully exploring the neighborhood soon.
- I will celebrate having some visitors.
- I will celebrate good news regarding the Ukrainian war – hopefully there are some soon.
Links that need celebrating
This year I want to celebrate the amazing people on the internet by sharing a few links every month with you. Previously I haven’t had much time browsing the unterwegs but I gathered a few.
- I just love good advertising and this billboard is one of a kind.
- Making leaves out of paper. Great tutorial.
- Have you hurt of the Human Library? A great social project and a place to unjudge someone and ask difficult questions.
- Artist Helga Stentzel is celebrating the mundane of live with great art. My favorite: The Dinosaur
- Found this customize dress website and I am intrigued to give it a try. Anyone familiar with the shop?
I hope you enjoyed this post with all the random glimpses in my life. I plan on giving a bit more of a back story to all the things that have happened lately but I need a bit more time I think. Now let me know one thing you were able to celebrate in the two months I missed online!