I don’t like nougat that much but these nougat buttons are a favorite in the Christmas Cookie Jar. They get made envy year. At least for the past 10 if not longer. I like recipes that are quick and easy and don’t take too much time. This is one. And it taste wonderful too. It has a very smooth almost velvety texture, a chocolate-nougat taste and the white chocolate gives it the extra flavor. I know I am raving but you really need to give them a try. I promise you won’t regret
Here is what you need for the Nougat Buttons
- 200 g nougat
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (1 package)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (I use way more)
- 1/4 tsp of cloves ( or a bit less)
- 300 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- white chocolate
How to make nougat buttons
- Melt the nougat. Depending on what kind of packaging it comes you may be heating it inn a water bath.
- Add butter. Once it has a smooth constancy add the egg.
- Now add vanilla sugar, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Combine flower and baking soda and add inn small heaps to the dough while stirring. Add milk in between.
- Dough needs to be refrigerated for at least an hour.
- Form little balls, set on baking sheet lined with a baking paper.
- Press down the balls with a fork and make the pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes 180°C (or 360° F) -> I usually only bake around 8 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cooled dip in melted white chocolate. I prefer to do only half the cookie. It looks better and the taste is different with covered and uncovered cookie.
It only took me another 4 years to post another Christmas cookie recipe. Maybe I won’t take that long for. the next one to show up here. Do you have a favorite recipe I should bake. Leave me a link in the comments.