OK I know I am a broken record but can you please explain how this first month of 2024 is already over? How did we end up in February already? I mean, didn’t I just sat down and tried to formulate goals and plans for this year? And now I’ve been robbed of 31 days already in which I feel like I’ve nothing accomplished. Sigh. Shaping Happiness in January was tough. I was tested positiv for Covid the 11th but felt tired and drained since the 8th. My final negative test was no earlier than the 24th so I feel the entire month just slipped by.
Worst of all is that I lost the entire momentum a new year usually gives me to get started, tackling some of the harder habits. So I am really not where I wanna be mentally and physically. My biggest struggle in February is finding energy, moment and positivity to get going, start new healthy habits, and make changes. I guess it is small steps.
How I incorporated my word SHAPE in January
Shaping Life and Happiness
- We booked a get-away for our 10th anniversary that is coming up in February. Originally we wanted to spend the week with family at our honeymoon location in Finland. It didn’t work out mainly because we didn’t book in time. Then we figured we can go to Switzerland or Scotland until we realized the husbands passport is not valid (since he changed his name ten years ago and it needs renewal). So we ended up in the same spot we have been going to the last three years. I had hoped for something a bit more unique especially after last year’s mediocre experience. But we are feeling comfortable there and it also was the most budget friendly choice. I am determined to do some adventures and maybe a day trip to Denmark.
- I went for a two hour walk on a very snowy sunny day. It’s was truly magical and very many happy moments happened. (We are not talking about over exhausting myself triggering a Covid symptom increase.)
- I read one book with SHAPE in the title. Was only okayish.
Shaping Health and Body
- I walked 135.9 kilometers and an average of 5.785 steps daily in January. Six days I hit the 10.000 steps goal. Not too bad for being quarantined for two of the four weeks.
- I managed to close my Apple Watch rings 5 times. I always struggle with the movement part because I set it very almost unrealistically high for someone not exercising daily and working from home, on a desk. But I know myself I need the push.
- I did only nine jumping jacks until I fell ill and after that didn’t pick up exercise. Sigh.
- I did two yoga sessions and a total of 42 minutes.
- I took three naps.
- I started shaping my nails and having them grow a bit longer. They always splinter and break and it almost impossible to keep them longer to see any white edges. My plan is to take a bit more care and make my hands look more like I’ve got my sh**t together.
Shaping Mind & Soul
- I went for two of my five planned Mornings Walks.
- I thought about the shape #the100dayproject this year will take. Stay tuned.
- I’ve met two of my book club ladies in Munich. One I’ve never met in real life and it was such a wonderful experience. I hope to see them again and not only online.
- I have booked us a weekend in Munster to attend my sister’s 40th birthday party early in March. It will be a double celebration as the day prior she is having her final exam to become a pastor.
- We made plans with my godfather and his wife to come visit us mid March.
- I’ve spend time with my parents helping set up the big Fete that is happening every year after I had to skip Dads birthday dinner due to Covid. And at the Fete I had the chance to catch up with some friends and family. Fun.
- I visited my aunt at the hospital after her hip surgery.
- I left 105 blog comments.
- Mhm, does taking down the Christmas tree count? Or doing cleaning shores? Kinda. But it wasn’t what I had in mind when I set the goal.
- I have finally installed the new robot vacuum that we scored during Black Friday. While I type this Axel – as we named him – is mapping the house and doing his first clean. Axel can not only vacuum but also mop the floors. I am hoping to shape the apartment into a more guest friendly space. You know what I mean, right?
Shapes in the wild
I am on a hunt to find shapes in the places around me. Here is one I found.
How I will SHAPE life and happiness in February
- Shaping Life and Happiness I will enjoy a day trip to Denmark (hopefully). I will walk by the sea and be happy (I already know it!)
- Shaping Health and Body I will shape my mornings with weekly morning walks. I will shape a daily habit of doing face yoga (a compromise since I still can’t fully exercise after Covid). I will get back into yoga and try for once a week. I will additionally try to close my rings for at least twice this month. I will enjoy a lot of sauna.
- Shaping Mind & Soul I am going to start #the100dayproject and shape my sketching skills.
- Shaping Relationships I will shape my relationship with my husband by celebrating our 10th anniversary, And I will try to persuade him to write a guest post or do an interview thing. If you have questions please leave them. Maybe he’ll answer. No promises though.
- Shaping Home Rollover goal from last month: I will list more items on eBay to get things sold. I will start planing how to shape our terrace for the upcoming outdoor season. I will start thinking about growing my balcony garden.
Now let me know how your January was? Did you shape any new habits? Are there things that need shaping in your life. What das shaping happiness mean to you?