Wow… Am I glad 2016 is over? Kind of! I really hoped for an easy year but it all was mäh and if I had to give 2016 a title it would be “Struggle Juggle”. So I am ready for 2017 and I really have my mind set on making something out of it.
But lets have a quick look at my 2016 resolutions and do a tiny evaluation before committing to any new goals.
I chose a word last year: LOSE. My gut feeling was it is too negative and it never left me. Therefore my first goal of “Losing anger and negativity” was basically doomed. Why didn’t I start by turning it around in my word choice and going with GAIN instead of LOSE? However I did quit a job but than lost another one. It seems like a cycle I am not able to break. Not giving up hope though.
My second resolution of losing clutter was pretty successful though – mainly physical clutter but also some of those crazy thoughts were sorted. My migraine… well another topic. Deleting my feed reader was freeing in the beginning but I felt like I have lost a bit of touch with all of you. I just didn’t know where to go and read. So, not doing it this year.
And while I didn’t write as much as planned I did journal (almost) everyday and kept a gratitude log. I also spend a lot of time learning new craft techniques. Taking a class for glass bead making as well as a goldsmith jewelry making class. Many hours I spent watching photo classes at creative life and I took another three at the local community college. And I managed to finish a 100 day challenge where I drew 100 patterns. So am happy about this goal.
Overall I wasn’t doing too well with the vagueness of some of the resolutions.
So lets see what I have planned for my 2017 Resolutions!
First of, I have another word: B E C O M E. Or rather three: BECOME LIGHTSOME and BECOME VENTUROUS! I did Susannah’s email course again (I can really recommend if you want to start the practice of choosing a word.) and I realized my personal life calls for a different word than my career/business life. So personally I will try to be more lightsome and lighthearted while some things in my job life really need to change – therefore venturous seems right, motivating and encouraging. Hope they serve me right.
Due to those word choices I also divided my resolutions into different areas for 2017. I will share a few with you:
To achieve a more lightsome and lighthearted life I will:
- spend one day each quarter at the Spa just with myself. I’ve done that in 2016 twice and it was so refreshing and such an energy booster.
- declutter my life further. Currently thinking of a 100daysofdecluttering challenge where I put 100 items out for sale. Also I need to clean up the computer and I started working on organizing my photo library (far far far from done…) And I finally want to finish the craft lab.
- try to reduce the migraines by listening to the signs my body provides, eat healthier and evaluate food triggers. Also I might finally try yoga for real.
- not look at the phone for the first ten minutes after waking up. I bet this will be the toughest one and I know I won’t be able to every day but maybe start with one month.
- connect to people by writing postcards for birthdays, drop a comment on a blog, call a family member, visit more often.
I am going to be venturous and I will
- start something new. No more details here but I have big things in mind.
- try to sell my first picture and upload a few more.
- sign up for a personal photo challenge and see it through. The topic I have in mind is “Reflections”.
- push my Dawanda Shop further and make some sales.
- commit to participating in the NaBloMo. I’ve followed San the last two years and will finally join in.
- hopefully attend another blog conference and meet some of you nice people.
- dare to start another creative 100 day challenge.
I feel that 2017 will bring change. Hope it is a good one. And once again I ask: Who else is doing resolutions? And are you sharing them somewhere? Love to read your goals.
Happy New Year
I will link up with Annettes Herzblutprojekten.
Thanks for commended on my blog post. I am always happy to see new faces there. The way you are doing your new years resolutions are quite interesting. I cross fingers, this year the word is working for you. As you, I wanted to make the new year more positive and more lighter up more brighter. But to be honest, I can’t confirm that my 2016 was that bad.
Have a nice day.
Thank you Rea – for stopping by and commenting. I also love having new people around.
Those are great goals for 2017 and I am excited to follow along…. and I will definitely remind you to participate in NaBloPoMo this year. I don’t know, some people find the task of blogging for 30 days straight daunting, but I am always surprised how much creativity it sparks in me when I am “under pressure” ;)
We’ll see how it goes! Good luck with your Dawanda shop! ;)
San recently posted…One Little Word® for 2017: PERSEVERE
Thank you. I know when I did my star advent calendar I was so surprised how many ideas came to mind. I could easily do another one. Once you are in the zone it’s possible. So IBAN looking forward and have actually already 10 post ideas… but maybe I should start with a January post.