today I have a quick home cooked salad for you. cooked salad you wonder. Yes! I love food that is warm. I also like salad. So I often mix the best of both: cooked veggies and some cold ingredients. For today I raided my pantry and I came up with a glass of cooked chick peas and can of tuna. This is how the Chickpea Salad with Tuna was born.
Are you ready. Here is what you need:
🖤 chopped shallot
🖤 chopped clove
🖤 glass of pre-cooked chickpeas
🖤 handfuls of chopped tomatoes
🖤 twig of rosemary
🖤 salt, pepper, lemon juice
🖤 can of tuna
🖤 handful of lettuce/spinach/chard, etc
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat olive oil in pan. Add chopped shallot and clove. Saute.
- Add chickpeas and let simmer for a bit.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary.
- Let simmer until everything looks good but is not all broken up.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tuna and spice to liking.
- Add salad greens and serve immediately.
Next time I do this dish I will probably add a bit of avocado too.
Let me know if you give this a try and how you’ve liked it.
Happy weekend y’all,
Mmh, that sounds delicious. A little bit of a different tuna salad!
Same mind think alike I guess.