How are we already writing May in our dates? I really don’t know where time is going these days. Lots of work, lots of lawers, lots of mind troubles. When you don’t sleep well there is no real passage of time. It all blends into each other. On top I have been sick for two weeks. But what does it help to complain. Here I am. In May. So lets just check if there was any magic April…
How I incorporated my word MAGIC in April
Let’s see where I came across main in the past month.
- I found magic in my morning walks.
- I enjoyed the magic of new books. Not one, not two, no eight.
- I found magic in watching Next in fashion to wind down at night.
- I saw magic when driving through meadows filled with spring flowers.
- I created magic by making caramel ice cream and a braided marzipan easter bread.
- I have magic in my marriage and the current troubles seem to bring us closer.
- I was gifted some magic with an unexpected zoom call with an old colleague who may turn into a friend.
- I experienced the magic of a seven hour sleep after many rough nights.
- I have enjoyed an almost magical migraine free month.
- I spread magic by selling many items on eBay.
- I enjoyed magic by taking myself out for lunch and tried the Bali Bowl place. I had a hot chick pea curry which was delicious.
- I soaked up the magic of family during our family reunion – the first since 2019.
- I spread magic by commenting on blog posts.
A magical image
I was either lucky and skilled enough to capture the magic of the moment my self or I share an image that really spoke to me.
I bought myself these flowers for easter and I loved how the sun cam through the different layers of petals. Shadow play is always magical.
How I will experience MAGIC in May
- I will find the magic in new beginnings.
- I will create a list of magical things to do in the new neighborhood.
- I will enjoy the magic of comfort food.
- I will enjoy the magic of books.
- I will spread magic by doing a little surprise for our friends small wedding.
- I will thrift myself some magic in the antique store.
- I will take myself to lunch.
What was magical to you in April? When have you had the last family reunion? What food always screams magic to you? Do you enjoy going out to eat by yourself?
I almost never go out to eat alone, but I do enjoy eating alone at home when my husband is traveling for work/the kids are at school. I’ve been intentional lately to enjoy my food and spend the time reading, too – which feels like a treat.
So many foods are magic to me! Peanut butter and banana on toast. Cherry cheesecake. Sushi. Ramen. I just LOVE food <3
Sorry you've struggled so much with illness and insomnia lately. You've had a tremendously stressful. Hope there is plenty of magic and joy in the days and weeks ahead.
And caramel ice cream sounds delicious! Yay for reading 8 books!
Elisabeth recently posted…April Favourites
The ice cream was really delicious. Think I do it again.
And ramen is too good. I am going to a place this week I hope. It is part of my farewell here.
But I didnt read eight books (yet) I just bought them… HA. talking about emotional shopping and compensating.
Oh, how magical and transformative a good night of sleep can be! And I love how you described the magic in your marriage despite troubles. That’s so lucky and important.
That photo is truly magical! What a beautiful flower!
Sleep really is magical. I wished I had more though. I do have the best husband.
My husband’s family has a family reunion every Labor Day (early September here in the States) every year. We didn’t do it in 2020, but have done it every other year I’ve been with my husband. It’s such a wonderful tradition and I enjoy it very much.
Magic in April? There were two days when the weather was summer-like. It was in the 80s and warm and everyone was outside and it was so delightful. And then the weather turned cold again. But those were special days!
Good luck finding your magic in May!
NGS recently posted…7.2 Entertainment – April 2023 Book List
Summer like weather sounds nice. It’s been rather cold here with degrees around freezing in the night. Very strange. But soon enough I will complain about heat so I take it.
How beautiful that you also have a standing family reunion date. It is fun to see each other. I took a lot of family photos this year and will do so next year too. Hope it becomes a tradition
As you probably know, my last “family reunion” (as in, a visit home for me) happened in April and it was EVERYTHING. I wish it lasted longer.
I am sorry that you’re going through a tough time right now (I can only imagine the anxiety!) but I am also glad you’re finding moments of magic between the hard moments. <3
It’s a challenging time I am not gonna lie. And I am working on growing when it comes to mental health and mental mindset. In the end home is where the husband is and I never felt this that deeply. So over time it will all be good.
I am so happy you got to see your family. I am looking forward reading about that time.