Good morning everyone,
it is here. Advent. My favorite time of the year. My season! I’ve been telling you about my fascination of this season already.
I’ve been gathering advent wreath ideas all through November. And I almost got lost in collecting and pinning ideas and not making a wreath. It was quite a battle to actually get a wreath form 3 days prior to the First of Advent. Note to self: Get it done earlier!
I am still in love with the candy versions but didn’t feel like hunting down the best candy. One day I will make a wreath like those but not 2013. Then I really wanted to the pom pom wreath. Well in the end I used the materials that were handy to come by. Walnuts. So 2013 it is a walnut advent wreath. I’ve put together a tiny photorial. Hope you like it.
1. Gather your supplies and heat up your glue gun.
2. Cover the wreath form in fabric. You’ll not be able to fit the nuts perfectly.
3. Start glueing the nuts to the form.
4. Keep glueing the second row.
5. And keep going with the third.
6. Take a guess: yeah next row. You get the idea…
7. I put a golden mist on mine by using spray paint.
8. Fill in big holes with small walnuts and mini christmas ornaments or what ever you like and come across.
I’ll be enjoying my 1. Advent with a long breakfast and some fairy tale tv show (Once upon a time). Later we will decorate the apartment a bit and of course light our first candle.
Now I am really excited to see your creations. Start linking!