The whole world is going crazy because of the virus and the restrictions being put out to keep the pandemic as small as possible. Honestly not much is changing for me. I work from home, I might need to reduce my lunch walks but usually they are made at the cemetery (not many people there). My weekends are spent at home most times. So I think I can adjust much easier than other people. If you are one of those who need to get out, meet people and have activities lined up I got you covered. Here are 25 ideas when staying home.
- Reading a book – self explanatory. Have a look at my recommendations if you haven’t picked one up in a while.
- Crafting for Easter – we probably need to stay home until the holidays. Time to craft something you never find time for. I will definitely make some more Sorbian Easter eggs.
- Writing letters – when was the last time friends and family got a handwritten letter? Now is the time to pick up that habit again. While running errands today I picked up some stamps. Let me know if we should start a pen-pal-friendship offline.
- Learning a language – now is the time to freshen up your language skills so next time we are able to visit countries again we are all ready to go. I will work on my Spanish skills.
- Baking & Cooking – how many recipe books do you own? And how many recipe have you actually done? Could be a fun way to work through books and discover new favorite meals. Or maybe you find a recipe on this blog and give it a try.
- Making a photo book – are you taking images and never really look at them once saved on your phone? Or do you still have printed copies in a shoe box. Make a photo album.
- Dreaming up a bucket list – don’t have a bucket list? Time to start dreaming about all the things you’d like to do.
- Learning photography – when confined to one space, learning photography poses new challenges and option. Looking at the same things over and over again sparks creativity.
- Watching a tutorial – watch a tutorial on something you always wanted to learn.
- Growing an herb garden – watch something grow when not being able to spend time in nature. Maybe you want to cultivate an herb garden, or maybe you’d like flowers on your balcony this summer? Start now.
- Repairing your clothes – favorite pant has a hole? The blouse misses a button? Small fixes passes time.
- Meditating – too hectic around you? Try meditation.
- Sorting your purse – it’s never a bad idea to look through the purse. Hidden gems can be found.
- Commenting – now is the time to finally leave a comment at your favorite blogs and instagram accounts you always read.
- Cleaning the windows – it’s amazing how uplifting clean windows can be.
- Reducing your watch list – of course now is the time to watch all those movies and shows on your watchlist.
- Playing a board game – if you are not stuck at home alone consider playing a board game. But even through FaceTime some games can be played.
- Making a scrub – how about taking some time and do a body scrub. Check out my coffee cinnamon scrub or maybe you prefer an avocado sugar scrub.
- Painting – the walls or just a piece of paper
- Dancing – by yourself. Or maybe learning those salsa steps finally.
- Selling things – are there some items you always wanted to get rid of? Lets put them up on craigslist or Ebay and get them out the house.
- Painting – no matter if some small doodles or the big canvas. Art is always a good idea.
- Challenging someone – now that we don’t get much radius for activity it would be fun to start some challenges to increase steps and activities.
- Thanking – people who keep this countries going, who work to their bones, who have lots of responsibility and don’t think about them selves.
- Journaling – maybe a practice to pick up know to let people in a couple of years know what this crazy time was like.
These are my 25 ideas when staying home. Let me know which ones you’d like to add. And what are your plans for the next days/weeks/months?
Happy social distancing