Bye bye October. You have been different then I expected but still filled with some wonders, happy moments and sunny days. You also let me know my boundaries, had me take a step back, give up some goals and had me thinking. It was a good month, a balanced living and I am actually happy. And hello November. I am looking forward to you, I have fun things I want to achieve, I have a ton of work coming my way and no clue how to get it all done. But you are promising and I embrace it all. I’ve once again written down my October reflections and November intentions to make the most of it.
But before I dive into that, here is my favorite quote this month.
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except the best.Henry van Dyke
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will create a new calendar freebie to share on the blog
Started working on it but not yet done. It does take a lot of time to do. However I will share it here sometime during November.
- I will do a detox week towards the end of the month
Unfortunately this didn’t happen. My whole schedule was mixed up when I had to change business trip dates and then I fell sick for over a week.
- I will get better at my new eating habit – ever since vacay I fell back to old patterns
Didn’t really put an effort in here. However I did lose a bit of weight so maybe I did or maybe it was because of being sick.
- I will start gathering ideas for Christmas gifts
Yes, I have a pretty solid list already that just needs to be executed. But some key people are still missing – so half way done I guess.
- I will go for a walk in the woods
Didn’t happen as I had to cancel my trip to the country due to sickness.
- I will try this affirmation thing for a month and see if I can get behind the concept
I think I have to admit that I can not get behind the affirmation thing. Every time I thought about it I felt like I don’t want to do it and it feels ridiculous. If you felt the same and are now a believer I really want to hear about it.
- I will get ready for my new reading chair – meaning getting rid of another corner of junk
I sold two big pieces of furniture that occupied the space. Some other stuff was supposed to go the country home where I never went. Again due to sickness.
- I will finally stock my bar with all the bottles gathered at different places
Done. I’ll share some pictures here soon. You can have a sneak peak here.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
This one feels as usually tough and also a bit like a broken record as I keep mentioning same things. But then it is my way of incorporating my word of the year so it is all fine.
- Gathering items and ideas for my annual boxes I will donate to “Christmas in. a Shoebox”
- Bought myself flowers
- Canceled a goal because I knew it would stress me
- Didn’t finish a couple of books because time is precious
- Buying myself new clothes and getting better in feeling good in my body.
- Had some good conversations with Mr. ♡
- Had a nice phone call with my dad
- I read another self confidence book and took a way some thoughts
- Enjoyed the morning sun and how it warmed my face
- Taking pictures of a young family so they could all be in the picture.
I realized, I do like November contrary too many people. It is the pre-season for Advent and Christmas – my favorite as you know. It is usually one of the most creative and energy filled months for me. I like that. I feel good during this time of year. Ideas, creativity and no migraines. Here is want my intentions are:
- I will make a traditional Stollen using grandmas old recipe – and maybe making my own version
- I will join NaBloPoMo and will blog daily throughout November
- I will host a dinner party for my mom – her birthday present
- I will participate in my annual volunteering for “Christmas in a Shoebox” with my sister
- I will meet my sisters new boyfriend
- I will drive to my families country home and spend a few days
- I will look for charity organizations to send Christmas letters to elderly citizens
- I will step out of my comfort zone – not sure how yet
- I will do some blog work behind the scenes
- I will get the most of the Christmas shopping done.
- I will do that detox week
I could keep going on the intentions list – just proofing my point that this is the time I feel energy hyped. However I better stop for now as I may otherwise tend to put too much on my table and then stress out. How are you doing in November. Will it be a struggling month or do you fell energetic too?
Happy goal crushing