Bye bye October. You have been different then I expected but still filled with some wonders, happy moments and sunny days. You also let me know my boundaries, had me take a step back, give up some goals and had me thinking. It was a good month, a balanced living and I am actually happy. And hello November. I am looking forward to you, I have fun things I want to achieve, I have a ton of work coming my way and no clue how to get it all done. But you are promising and I embrace it all. I’ve once again written down my October reflections and November intentions to make the most of it.
But before I dive into that, here is my favorite quote this month.
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except the best.Henry van Dyke
Reflecting on my set intentions.
- I will create a new calendar freebie to share on the blog
Started working on it but not yet done. It does take a lot of time to do. However I will share it here sometime during November.
- I will do a detox week towards the end of the month
Unfortunately this didn’t happen. My whole schedule was mixed up when I had to change business trip dates and then I fell sick for over a week.
- I will get better at my new eating habit – ever since vacay I fell back to old patterns
Didn’t really put an effort in here. However I did lose a bit of weight so maybe I did or maybe it was because of being sick.
- I will start gathering ideas for Christmas gifts
Yes, I have a pretty solid list already that just needs to be executed. But some key people are still missing – so half way done I guess.
- I will go for a walk in the woods
Didn’t happen as I had to cancel my trip to the country due to sickness.
- I will try this affirmation thing for a month and see if I can get behind the concept
I think I have to admit that I can not get behind the affirmation thing. Every time I thought about it I felt like I don’t want to do it and it feels ridiculous. If you felt the same and are now a believer I really want to hear about it.
- I will get ready for my new reading chair – meaning getting rid of another corner of junk
I sold two big pieces of furniture that occupied the space. Some other stuff was supposed to go the country home where I never went. Again due to sickness.
- I will finally stock my bar with all the bottles gathered at different places
Done. I’ll share some pictures here soon. You can have a sneak peak here.
How did I incorporate my word of the year GRACE?
This one feels as usually tough and also a bit like a broken record as I keep mentioning same things. But then it is my way of incorporating my word of the year so it is all fine.
- Gathering items and ideas for my annual boxes I will donate to “Christmas in. a Shoebox”
- Bought myself flowers
- Canceled a goal because I knew it would stress me
- Didn’t finish a couple of books because time is precious
- Buying myself new clothes and getting better in feeling good in my body.
- Had some good conversations with Mr. ♡
- Had a nice phone call with my dad
- I read another self confidence book and took a way some thoughts
- Enjoyed the morning sun and how it warmed my face
- Taking pictures of a young family so they could all be in the picture.
I realized, I do like November contrary too many people. It is the pre-season for Advent and Christmas – my favorite as you know. It is usually one of the most creative and energy filled months for me. I like that. I feel good during this time of year. Ideas, creativity and no migraines. Here is want my intentions are:
- I will make a traditional Stollen using grandmas old recipe – and maybe making my own version
- I will join NaBloPoMo and will blog daily throughout November
- I will host a dinner party for my mom – her birthday present
- I will participate in my annual volunteering for “Christmas in a Shoebox” with my sister
- I will meet my sisters new boyfriend
- I will drive to my families country home and spend a few days
- I will look for charity organizations to send Christmas letters to elderly citizens
- I will step out of my comfort zone – not sure how yet
- I will do some blog work behind the scenes
- I will get the most of the Christmas shopping done.
- I will do that detox week
I could keep going on the intentions list – just proofing my point that this is the time I feel energy hyped. However I better stop for now as I may otherwise tend to put too much on my table and then stress out. How are you doing in November. Will it be a struggling month or do you fell energetic too?
Happy goal crushing
I definitely feel excited and energetic going into November- I absolutely love Thanksgiving and Christmas, so this is my favorite time of year.
Sounds like you live your life with a lot of intention. I love your word of the year. As a matter of fact I love “Grace” so much that it’s my daughter’s middle name. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey this month!
It is the best time of the year and it’s always great to meet fellow enthusiasts. What a beautiful name your daughter has. I really like my word of the year and it is also a good word to hold myself accountable to. Very much appreciate you following along.
Oh, I love that quote. Thanks for sharing.
Also, I am a big fan of November (because of NaBloPoMo LOL and because it’s the start of the holiday season… although NO< I won't put up my Christmas tree quite yet). I love that you volunteer for Christmas in a Shoebox every year. Such a sweet thing to do.
I am looking forward to your calendar freebie. You do such a good job and I download it every year! <3
I love quotes. I think its a nice way to express oneself or to valuate the path you are taking. I will never get over the fact that right after Thanksgiving the tree goes up. And then taken down December 26th. I see it becoming more common here in Germany too. Can not get behind that. Thank you for loving the freebie. It will be good one this year. Still trying to finish.
What a great quote. I collect quotes (and actually just printed off a book of quotes), but never heard this one!
So simple…but so true. This is a keeper!
Elisabeth recently posted…Saturday Bonus I Need to Heed My Own Advice – On Adding Buffers
I love that you just printed a quote books. So great. I may have to steel the idea. What is your favorite quote?