Fall is finally here. I have much looked forward to this season as summer was really tough this year being prone to migraines. Just not a huge fan of those hot temperatures and high humidity. So I welcome this season with a new fall bucket list. But as always before getting started with new goals, dreams and wishes let’s have a look at the summer list:
- ✓ Spending some more time strolling along Berlins lakes and canals. → We went for some visits at Wannsee, Tegler See and walked around Alt Stralau. So yes.
- ✓ Enjoy the balcony to the fullest. → definitely did this. I even managed to keep my plants alive during this heatwave of summer.
- Taking a photo trip to a part of Berlin I haven’t yet been or wasn’t for long time.
- ✓ Going to two school enrollment ceremonies. → Yes and I even made some Zuckertüten (aka candy cones) for all kids.
- ✓ Celebrating Mr. ♡ milestone birthday. → It was a good birthday. Even though he felt sick on his birthday we had a ice cream party and a week later a wonderful dinner with friends and family.
- ╳ Finishing #the100daysofcraftaliciousimages project. → still working on it. Currently 31 days to go.
- ✓ Sewing summer clothes. → I managed to sew two shirts, have another one ready to stitch together and a short pants (that unfortunately doesn’t fit because I thought I was smarter than the instructions…)
- ✓ Making some more jewelry. → I made some lovely birch wood jewelry. Also thinking about selling a few.
- ✓ Spa Day with myself → It was wonderful to finally spent a day relaxing.
- ╳ Baking from a new recipe → nope… only staples
- ╳ Go swimming. → unfortunately not but I came close. I was at a lake and went almost skinny dipping because I had no swim suite. But I chickened out because I didn’t want to leave car keys and camera unattended.
- ╳ Eat lots of veggies. → huge fail here. Less veggies more chocolate and cake.
Summer you have been other than expected but still great. But now it’s time to move on. For me fall starts with my moms birthday which happens to fall on the official fall start – tomorrow. Here is my fall list I’ve compiled for this season:
- Finishing #the100daysofcraftaliciousimages project.
As mentioned still 31 days to go. I will get this done. However I need to make adjustments for next year.
- Participating in #inktober
I feel like drawing and sketching and I always am more into it when doing a challenge. However I might be putting too much on my plate here.
- Participating in #NaBloPoMO again
Always fun to spent more time on this blog and this would be year four to have a full blogging month.
- Sew a pencil skirt
I have this blue textured fabric and I have a pattern in mind. Just need to sit down and do it.
- Baking pumpkin muffins
They have been a favorite 20 years ago and I haven’t had one in ages. It’s bit more effort since there is no pumkinpie filling available in Germany and you have to make that from scratch.
- Take walks and enjoy the changing season.
My steps have decreased during summer and the heatwave- time to pick it up again. And I love the fall light dancing in the colorful trees.
- Sell stuff on eBay
Lots of things have accumulated again and it’s time to put some effort into finding them a new home. I am going to dissolve my extensive dvd collection.
- Read Dracula
This book is my TBR for too long. Around Halloween I’ll will finally start reading it.
- Spending a weekend in Venice
Longtime dream to visit Venice will come true this fall. Plane and hotel is booked. Now just to figure out what to see.
- Getting cozy
I am looking forward to sitting by my (digital) fireplace, reading, having hot drinks and just be happy and content.
- Getting started on xmas presents
Every year I feel like I should have listened to people when they tell me of things they like so once Christmas comes around I am not lost of ideas. I want to make an effort to already collecting ideas throughout fall. Maybe I’ll have good clues at hand when it gets time to buy things.
I am looking forward to the season. Have you written a fall list too? Please share your ideas. And if need more ideas check out last years list.
Happy leave hunting
Sounds like you’ll have a wonderful fall if you achieve these things. I hope you do get your weekend in Venice. You’ve inspired me to write a spring bucket list!
I’m looking forward to fall and love writing those lists. I am curious what’s on your list.
Hell yes, let’s do NaBloPoMo again this year… you know I’ll be doing it!!
Also: great list. I am working on my own and there will definitely be some of the same things on mine!
It’s always good to have fellow friends around for the NaBloPoMo. Looking forward to your list
Lovely list! Have a great time in Venice!
Thank you so much I most definitely will have that.