Finally I can sit down and write my most favorite post of the year. As I keep telling you every year this post kicked off my blogging adventure on January 1, 2013. So it will be my tenth time I am sharing my intentions. I can hardly believe it and once I am done with this post I think I will read through the last decade and see what kind of change has happened. Blogging is such a fun hobby to be able to look back at and having it all documented. But for now lets see what the new year has in store and in which way I want to celebrate 2022.
Before I start sharing my intentions and goals for the new year though I would like to have a look at what I had in mind for 2021. As you may remember I choose the word GRACE to guide me in 2021. I think it did me good. In many aspects I believe I have been a kinder person. Towards myself, towards strangers and people around me. It was important to me to donate a few times – not just my regular Christmas volunteering but also money. I also took time to write letters to elderly people for Easter and Christmas. I was more attentive to the people around me. It felt nice not solely focussing on myself. I am blessed and I tried to pay it forward. I showed my self a bit of grace when I acknowledged that there were days I didn’t feel well, when I went back to bed when a migraine crept up, when I took a break when the to-do list overwhelmed me.
While in 2021 my word was a gentle more introverted word the upcoming year will be the total opposite. I feel like I need some sparkles, a bang and a bit of noise. And so my guiding word for 2022 will be CELEBRATE. And there is lot to celebrate in 2022.
What will CELEBRATE look like in terms of goals and dreams in 2022:
I have decided to sort my goals for 2022 in four main areas of celebration: life, me, relationships and beauty. Here is an excerpt of what I intend to do in each area:
- I will send out birthday greetings.
- I will throw a big birthday party for myself.
- I will celebrate three more 40th birthdays.
- I will celebrate anniversaries and school enrollments.
- I will celebrate other cultures and perspectives by reading.
- I will celebrate each bucket list item I achieve and write a new one.
- I will celebrate life by decluttering and letting go of the past.
- I will celebrate my body by taking care of it with better food and more movement.
- I will allow myself to splurge in some new clothes I will feel good in and spend money on myself to beautify e.g. spa, nails, cosmetic treatment, massages
- I will enjoy at least 30 Sundays in a bathtub.
- I will celebrate every migraine free day.
- I will read a book about positive thinking and positive body image.
- I will celebrate work victories.
- I will put effort into my marriage and put effort into more fun and adventures.
- I will stay connected to my real life friends by meeting more – hopefully.
- I will try to stay connected to online friends by visiting blogs regularly, chatting, etc.
- I will give the blog a facelift to make it more fun to stay connected.
- I will cherish nature by preserving it and living even more sustainable.
- I will celebrate the beauty of art by attending #the100dayproject, going to a museum, etc.
- I will keep my eyes open to see celebration e.g. typography, party remains, happy faces.
Those are the key things I want to keep in mind when heading into that brand new year. Most of the bullet points have clear action steps already scribbled down. In my opinion key to actually achieving anything. If it is to vague I tend to forget what I wanted to do. I am not sure if I will keep a monthly list of intentions. What do you think? Want to read how I work on fulfilling my intentions and dreams or does it get boring?
So for now I will sit with my word and let it hug me. Do you have a word for 2022? I’d love to hear. Also how do you embrace it and plan on keeping it in your mind?
Happy new year and lets celebrate 2022